If the cause of weight gain is stress and high cortisol levels, the cure is definitely to reduce stress.
Regular physical activity is a good way to do this.
SOCIALISING is also a great stress reliever; we all know how hard it is nowadays to be isolated from school or work. The power of human contact is not to be underestimated, hence the usefulness of undergoing MASSAGE sessions.
MEDITATION relieves stress because it helps you feel more grounded in the present and is particularly useful for managing hunger and cravings. It usually takes no more than 20-30 minutes.
You can do it at any time.
If you can, get into the habit of drinking a large glass of water when you wake up in the morning and devote yourself to meditation:
- Find a quiet place where no one will disturb you for the next 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sit on the floor cross-legged or in a chair with your feet firmly on the floor. Feel comfortable...
- Focus your attention on the tip of your nose, then close your eyes and concentrate on the feeling of your abdomen expanding and your back strengthening.
- Now focus on your breath. Breathe in with your nose counting to six and breathe out slowly with your mouth counting to six. Concentrate on perceiving the breath going in and out of your body.
- If you notice that you are involved in a flow of thoughts, gently bring your attention back to the breath.
The BENESSERE IN MENOPAUSA method was created as an overall project and combines all the important aspects (from a medical, aesthetic and psychological point of view and the right physical activity as conscious movement) to support you in this delicate phase of your life.
Make an appointment with us, Team Benessere in Menopausa®, for a personalised diagnosis.
We will assess your situation in detail and will be able to tell you if our programmes are right for you to say goodbye to extra kilos for good!